HORIZON-CL5-2023-D3-02-15: Critical technologies to improve the lifetime, efficient decommissioning and increase the circularity of offshore and onshore wind energy systems
• Development of improved, more damage-tolerant materials (composites and adhesives) considering different external conditions in which the materials are used (consider very low/high temperatures, ice, corrosion, erosion.
• The development of improved manufacturing procedures for turbine components and construction methods for wind turbine farms and design methods for wind turbine components.
• The development of materials and interfaces for joints of major load-carrying parts like main spars (split blades and tower parts).
• The development of bio-based fibres and resins with improved mechanical properties.
• Alternatives in materials/new advanced materials.